Manufacturer Serving the Bulk Materials Handling Industry
Composites has been manufacturing idlers for materials handling since
1988. Our idler's construction features a 9 gauge steel shell surrounded
by a 1/2 inch thick jacket of high density
polyethylene. Lubricated-for-life, seize-resistant ball bearings mounted
on a 25mm cold-drawn steel shaft are situated well within the confines
of the idler's bearing housing. A labyrinth seal, double-lip seal,
retainer ring, and dust cover protect the bearings from grit, dirt, and
other abrasive substances. Should abrasive material penetrate the
sealed system, the ball bearings are designed to roll over, crush, mill
and eject the abrasive substance.
manufactured by Industrial Composites are unique to the industry in
that the shaft ends of the idler may be configured to retrofit most
existing support structures and are the ultimate design to promote
resistance to corrosion and abrasion.
Industrial Composites also manufactures
a standard steel idler which uses the same high performance steel shaft
and bearing assembly system.
· A technological breakthrough for application
of plastic over steel for bulk conveying roller systems.
· New standards of abrasion and corrosion resistance.
· "Belt flutter" essentially eliminated since plastic
covers are machined to make idlers precisely concentric.
· Fitting all manufacturers' frames in belt sizes 18 inches
through 84 inches.
· All CEMA standards are met or exceeded.
· Sophisticated bearing protection system - high impact molded
nylon housing, interior grease seals, labyrinth and double lip seals,
neoprene dust cover.
· True and correct belt tracking even under wet conditions
and when weight loads across belt width are not evenly distributed.
· Temperature range for operation: from -58 to +212 degrees
Fahrenheit for the standard roller. Varying ranges with other plastics.
· Should a roller jam, the polyethylene coating serves as
a slide for the conveyor belt preventing costly belt damage.
· Lubricated-for-life ball bearings eliminate need for a
periodic lubrication program.
help make it happen"